Topic: Create a simple application with Zc706 and FMC 150  (Read 6447 times)

bouain November 27, 2013, 12:03 PM

Hi all,
I use the Zc706 board and FMC150. I did the Ref Design and it worked.
Now I want to modify the Ref Design to implement my own application. In fact, I will use two boards zc706 and two FMC150 to create a video application. The first board with VITA-2000 camera module captures the video and send it to the second board via FMC 150. This is my application, but the first step for me it's to send a signal from FPGA to DAC after that I recover it with ADC. Additional, I should be able to change the frequency, the size of data and the others parameters....
I start with sip_fmc150.vhd but there is not  detailed documents (or comments in the program) explains the functioning of the program and it depends to the rest of the program.
Can I take only the FMC150 module (VHDL files) from the Reference Design to do this?? Or I need another module such as Constellation ID Star, 1-to-3 Router Star or Command Multiplexer Star ??
There is any one can tell me from where I can start?
Any Help please ??
Bouain

arnaudNL November 28, 2013, 06:01 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Bouain,

Sending signal from FPGA to DAC and acquiring back the signal on ADC is pretty much what the default reference design does. The software is configuring the frequencies other parameters. The design is a whole, I believe you need to spend a bit of time understanding the design and answering questions as why router stars are needed. You can help yourself with simulation, the CD (Constellation Description) and the various SD (Star Description).

The place to start is understanding how the reference design works and then start to modify it. Initially I would keep the software in control of everything, implement everything as close as possible to the reference design and then, only later on I would look into having a system standalone, without life support.

These integration/engineering steps is not something we can help much with unless an extended support contract is purchased from us. I can get a sales colleague to check this options with you if you desire to take this path.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

bouain November 28, 2013, 06:44 AM (#2)

Hi Arnaud,
Thank you for your reply.

You can help yourself with simulation, the CD (Constellation Description) and the various SD (Star Description).

I did this for the last week but the documents are not detailed in the VHDL and C code.

The place to start is understanding how the reference design works and then start to modify it. Initially I would keep the software in control of everything, implement everything as close as possible to the reference design and then, only later on I would look into having a system standalone, without life support.
Yes, the is what I am trying to do.

I can get a sales colleague to check this options with you if you desire to take this path.
Yes, I take this path and it's very important for me to find someone who checks with me the design because it's the first step for my Phd works.

Thank you,
BOUAIN

arnaudNL November 28, 2013, 08:00 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Correct, the documentation give an overview and the source code should be analyzed in order to go in the details, this is a normal integration task all our customers went through. You also have a simulation environment.

I will ask a sales colleague to get in touch with you to discuss an engineering support contract with you.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

pierrehic November 28, 2013, 01:03 PM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (USA)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

There are two different ways we can help you with support regarding the development of your specific application:
  • Either we can have a support contract in place, which will provide you with answers to your specific questions for your development (20 hours for 2400 Euros).
  • Or we can perform part or whole of the development for a fixed cost, in which case you would need to provide us with a detailed description of your requirements.
Please let us know which way is preferable.

Thank you,
Pierrick

arnaudNL January 31, 2014, 05:15 AM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.