Topic: Generation of various sampling rates from 4DSP FMC150 High Speed ADC/DAC card  (Read 6224 times)

sunil kumar September 13, 2013, 09:00 AM

Hello,
We are working on the Xilinx FPGA Virtex 6 ML605 Board.
We have connected high speed ADC/DAC FMC150  card of 4dsp to the LPC (Low Pin Count) connector of ML605 Board and trying to generate 10MHz, 20MHz and 40MHz frequencies from CDCE72010 of 4DSP high speed ADC/DAC card. We are using reference design of Avnet for that.
We have following queries:
1.       On FMC150 card a default saw oscillator (VS 705) of 491.52MHz with CDCE72010 is connected. In the reference design, register of CDCE72010 are configured through .Coe file where all register value are defined. By using the default .Coe  file we are not getting the exact frequencies, we want for the design.
How to configure these registers(i.e. register value in .Coe file)  to generate 10MHz, 20MHz, & 40MHz?
2.[/size]       Is the oscillator VS 705 can be tuned to 400MHz , as it is desired VCO frequency to generate above required frequencies?

agoel October 15, 2014, 02:53 AM (#1)

Hi Mr. Sunil,

It seems that you are facing a similar problem to mine. Have you found a solution for the same?

Regards,

Akanksha

arnaudNL October 15, 2014, 06:55 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Gents,

The development flow is expected as the following:

1) Modify the reference software in order to have the chip set up and running with your settings.
2) Create a list of all hardware write operation done by the software.
3) Implement a state machine doing same writes on the command bus or modify the coe file as per the value found in 2). Coe probably wont be enough where init sequences needs to be followed.

Jumping to 3) without going through 1) and 2) will not bring you close to a solution I am afraid. You should be able to do 1) by knowing what you want and how to configure the chip for this specific mode.

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

arnaudNL October 16, 2014, 09:32 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Was the information helpful?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL October 20, 2014, 02:13 PM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Gentlemen,

Is there anything more I can do before to close this topic?

Feel free to open any new topic if you need to do so.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL October 22, 2014, 04:12 AM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.