Support and Applications Engineer
Apply for this job
Abaco Systems is a global leader in open architecture rugged embedded systems. Spun out of GE in 2015, we combine over 30 years’ experience in the industry with the attitude and opportunity of a start-up company. Find your place here as part of a high-performing team, delivering products and services in industries such as energy, water, consumer packaged goods, government & defense, and telecommunications.
- Provide pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex systems.
- Assist sales staff in assessing potential applications of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
- Technical responsibility for pre- and/ or post sales support of company products/systems.
- Implement detailed customer installation plans and some product training.
- Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Provide feedback to engineering on product integration challenges
- Ensure that customer relationships are well managed.
- Ability to become a “Center of Excellence” for the 4DSP products specialty.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum 3 years of related experience or a Master's degree and minimum 1 year of related experience or at least 5 years practical experience in the Mil/Aero Embedded Systems industry.
- Technical/practical background desired in the Embedded Systems Industry, spanning open architecture computer platforms and FPGA based systems including but not limited to VME, VPX, CPCI, PCIe, networking, graphics, signal processing, PowerPC and Intel architectures.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Knowledge of VxWorks, Linux and other leading Real Time operating system software.
- Experience with FPGA development tools such as Xilinx Vivado and/or Altera Quartus
- Experience in Systems Engineering and hardware & software Integration.
- Excellent HW/SW problem solving skills and ability to see “The Big Picture”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player, self-starter, highly motivated individual.
- Passionate about the user and customer experience