Analog Design Engineer
Analog Design Engineer
4DSP is a provider of high-end solutions for the Aerospace & Defense industry. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Austin and are a proud recipient of an R&D100 award in 2013. We are looking for a talented individual with expertise in analog and digital hardware. The Candidate will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
Analog/Mixed signal circuit design for high speed interfaces. Job requires a good understanding of electronics including analog, digital, and RF circuit design, device physics and layout and computer aided design tools. Area of expertise should be in analog design.
- Designing power supplies, digital, analog, and RF circuitry for high speed, high performance analog converters (ADC and DAC).
- Designing for low noise in sensitive analog and clock circuitry.
- Architecture definition, schematic generation, simulation, board layout verification, lab evaluation, analysis and optimization of performance.
- Identifying and highlighting risks in the design schedule during the planning phase of the project and assisting in development plans to mitigate these risks.
- Characterizing analog performance (SNR, SFDR, Crosstalk, etc.)
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Identifying product requirements and ensuring compliance to specification, quality standards, and milestones.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant professional analog design experience for at least 5 years
- Experience in custom analog layout and integration is a must
- Strong analog design skills and experience in a variety of areas (high speed IO, power supplies, PLL’s, etc.)
- Experience in noise mitigation in sensitive analog and clock circuitry
- Active involvement in problem solving and implementing solutions
- Professional experience (beyond academic) with high speed differential lines and serial interfaces
- Professional experience (beyond academic) designing with high speed, high performance ADC and DAC
- Hands-on experience in debugging and troubleshooting prototype hardware
- Strong understanding of analog performance characteristics (SNR, SFDR, THD, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of analog and digital electronics is required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on projects with multiple, cross-functional engineers.
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL is a plus
- Experience with Zuken Cadstar is a plus
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment is a plus