Hardware Design Engineer
Netherlands - Alphen a/d Rijn
Hardware Design Engineer
4DSP is looking for a highly motivated Hardware Design Engineer that is looking for a challenging career in a fast growing high-tech electronic design company. As hardware Design Engineer you will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices. You will be writing design specifications, drawing schematics and testing the product prototypes. You will be testing and debugging your designs with the help of electronics in the lab using tools like logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers and Oscilloscopes. While working as part of the hardware design team you will be working closely with the software design team and technical management to drive concepts to product realization.
- Valid work/residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are necessary.
- Self-motivated, Driven, and Independent Personality.
- strong problem solving skills
Must have 2+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Should have experience with high speed differential lines and serial interfaces.
- Should have experience designing with high speed, high performance ADC and DAC.
- Strong in understanding analog performance characteristics (SNR, SFDR, THD, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of analog and digital electronics is required.
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL
- Ability to design C and C++ test software
- Working with Linux
- Identifying product requirements.
- Design power supply, digital and analog circuitry with high speed, high performance analog converters (ADC and DAC) and FPGAs
- Specifications and schematics capture.
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Designing CPLD and FPGA firmware using VHDL.
- Testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Characterizing analog performance (SNR, SFDR, Crosstalk, etc.)
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Maintain control over you own schedule.
- Create documentation that describes the hardware implementation
- Maintain, revise, or redesign existing designs.
- Understand, adapt and utilize new technologies.
- Interact closely with the software design engineers.
- Contribute to quality assurance activities.
4DSP BV in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands
- Competitive Compensation
- Fast paced and challenging working environment
- Chance to make the difference
- 25 vacation days