FPGA Design Engineer
Netherlands - Alphen a/d Rijn
FPGA Design Engineer
4DSP is looking for a highly motivated FPGA Design Engineer that is looking for a challenging career in a fast growing high-tech electronic design company. As FPGA Design Engineer you will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices. You will be designing customer specific FPGA designs such as high speed data recorders and DSP processing algorithms targeting the 4DSP products. You will be creating design specifications, implement and test your designs in simulation as well as the hardware. You will be testing and debugging your designs with the help of electronics in the lab using tools like logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers and Oscilloscopes. While working as part of the hardware design team you will be working closely with the software design team and technical management to drive concepts to product realization.
- Valid work/residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are necessary.
- Self-motivated, Driven, and Independent Personality.
- strong problem solving skills
Must have 2+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience in FPGA development (VHDL preferred).
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with interfacing with high speed memories (DDR2 SDRAM, QDR2 SRAM), LVDS and/or PCIe.
- Good knowledge of ISE and/or Vivado development tools.
- Excellent understanding of the latest FPGA architectures.
- Experience with hardware/software design and testing methodologies
- Ability to design C and C++ test software
- Understanding analog performance characteristics (SNR, SFDR, THD, etc.)
- Experience with Altera design tools
- Working with Linux
- Analysing customer requirements and devising FPGA architecture implementation.
- Designing FPGA firmware targeting Kintex-7, Virtex-7 or Xilinx Ultrascale FPGA devices.
- Creating test benches and simulating design.
- Testing design on target hardware to ensure it performs as per project requirements.
- Providing documentation that describes the FPGA implementation
- Maintain control over you own schedule.
- Maintain, revise, or redesign existing designs.
- Understand, adapt and utilize new technologies.
- Interact closely with the software design engineers.
- Contribute to quality assurance activities.
4DSP BV in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands
- Competitive Compensation
- Fast paced and challenging working environment
- Chance to make the difference
- 25 vacation days