FPGA Firmware Design Engineer (Job #39)
USA - Austin - TX
FPGA Firmware Design Engineer
4DSP is a provider of high-end solutions for the Aerospace & Defense industry. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Austin and are a proud recipient of an R&D100 award in 2013. We are looking for a talented individual with expertise in FPGA firmware. The Candidate will be part of a team integrating systems based on FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
The Applicant for this position will be responsible for:
- Analyzing customer requirements and devising FPGA architecture implementation.
- Designing FPGA firmware targeting Kintex-7, Virtex-7 or Xilinx Ultrascale FPGA devices.
- Creating testbenches and simulating design.
- Testing design on target hardware to ensure it performs as per project requirements.
- Providing documentation that describes the FPGA implementation.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in FPGA development (VHDL preferred), 3 years at least.
- Experience with Signal Processing would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of ISE and/or Vivado development tools.
- Experience with interfacing with high speed memories (DDR2 SDRAM, QDR2 SRAM), LVDS and/or PCIe is desired.
- Experience with hardware/software design and testing methodologies is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Self-motivated, Driven, and Independent Personality.
- U.S. Citizen.