Hardware Design Engineer (Job #24)
USA - Austin - TX
Hardware Design Engineer
4DSP is a provider of high-end solutions for the Aerospace & Defense industry. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Austin and are a proud recipient of an R&D100 award in 2013. We are looking for a talented individual with expertise in analog and digital hardware. The Candidate will be part of a team designing compact and ruggedized board level products using FPGA technology and high speed A/D & D/A devices.
The Applicant for this position will be responsible for:
- Identifying product requirements.
- Design power supply, digital and analog circuitry with high speed, high performance analog converters (ADC and DAC)
- Specifications and schematics capture.
- Generating and maintaining BOM.
- Designing CPLD and FPGA firmware (optional).
- Testing and qualifying prototype boards.
- Characterizing analog performance (SNR, SFDR, Crosstalk, etc.)
- Integrating hardware in high-end systems.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant hardware design experience for at least 5 years.
- Should have experience with high speed differential lines and serial interfaces.
- Should have experience designing with high speed, high performance ADC and DAC.
- Strong in understanding analog performance characteristics (SNR, SFDR, THD, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of analog and digital electronics is required.
- Ability to design FPGA/CPLD logic in VHDL is a plus.
- Fluency in Mentor Graphics Xpedition DxDesigner is required