Products > Board Support Package (Installation, Licensing, ...)

compiling example.c in BSP 06.02.2015

<< < (2/7) > >>

tonyku:
Hi Eli,

The Constellation ID for 507 is designed to run on FM780 for FMC170.

Are you running FM780 platform?

It looks like firmware 507 was released on March 12, 2015.   The linux BSP has not been updated to have the latest FMC170 software.

I will post our latest version for FMC170 software on the next post so that you can try it out and build it.   There will be a new Linux BSP release this Friday.

Tony

tonyku:
Hi Eli,

Attached is a "temp" release for the FMC170 that should be able to connect to your FM780 with FMC170.

The official release for the Linux BSP will be out this Friday.

Tony

ec:
Yes, we are running FM780 + FMC170.
I'm not really concerned now with the 170 (though my colleague would be, so your help is appreciated), my current goal is to be able to send and receive data to the 780 board from a user application using DMA. The training materials (step 1) seems to be intended to do that, but when I run it, it fails saying could not receive random data. Training materials step 2 fails as well, saying could not find adder address (38).

Edit: I just saw that you posted the temp release, I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
Eli

ec:
I tried the new FMC170TestApp, this time it reported the constellation ID as 393 (I haven't uploaded any different firmware), and said constellation ID not supported by this software, exiting...

Thanks,
Eli

tonyku:

Hi Eli,

The burn in (flash memory) firmware would be the memory firmware.  When the card boots up, by default, that's what it will load (hence #393 for the CID).   So if you just power on the system, by default the memory firmware will be loaded by the flash.

If you want to test the memory (which also does DMA reads and writes) - you can run the sipmemtest with that firmware.   The mem test is availbale inside the BSP distribution.

if you want to load FMC170, then you'll have to program the FM780 via JTAG with the firmware you want through Impact or whatever Xilinx tool you are using, then do a "soft reboot".

Tony

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version