Products > Board Support Package (Installation, Licensing, ...)

compiling example.c in BSP 06.02.2015

<< < (6/7) > >>

arnaudNL:
That's correct, and we never seen that failing over 7 years. I am not able to tell why is it failing on your system, it is like if you don't have much kernel/pci space available.

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

Have you been able to move forward?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

ec:
I have not been able to move forward yet. I've never dealt with device drivers before, and my colleague has been out the past week, so it's been slow progress.

I do know that I read in Linux Device Drivers (3rd ed.) that kmalloc is not reliable on all systems for allocating greater than 128K, and that there's a better way if I need more than a few K. I know the book is old though, so I'm not sure what to make of that. And if you haven't seen your driver fail, it's probably pretty reliable.

My colleague should be back today, so I will contact you if I cannot get help from within the company.

Thanks

ec:
I ran the training materials, and it seems that it allocates a much smaller amount of memory, so it passed the sending data, but failed to receive data.

arnaudNL:
Maybe mem= boot parameters can help here. I understand you believe that there is an issue in our scheme but today I took a very simple machine with 4GB RAM on, installed a default x64 debian linux and could run the sipmemtest application without issue. Your machine has a little less than 6GB so I assume you have enough memory. It is more as if your specific kernel configuration is not having much kernel memory available.

Can you also confirm that you are using a 64 bit linux?

best Regards,
Arnaud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version