Topic: FMC30RF integration w/Vivado  (Read 7521 times)

fjoao012 February 10, 2015, 08:26 AM

Hello,
I would like to ask a question about the daughter board FMC30RF, being used with a ZC702: (I started working recently in FPGA design)
How should I integrate the BSP from this board in any Vivado/ISE project? I know this question is too vague, so I'll try to clarify.

I already read and tried your "4DSP getting started guide" and used the corresponding BSP for this set (ZC702+board) and read the manuals. However, I didn't understand if it's possible to create, for example, an IP for this daughter board from that to integrate on any Vivado/ISE block design, or if I have to do this only in VHDL/Verilog?

The StellarIP can create an ISE project based on the design made in it; is the integration as simple as including this project inside another project, or is it beyond this? Also, the source code you give (from FMC30RFapp) should be included afterwards?

I want to put the ZC702 acquiring/sending signals from FMC30RF and doing other things apart from this that are non-related with the FMC. I know that you do not offer support to Vivado in this set, but if you still could answer me, I would be grateful.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Joao

arnaudNL February 10, 2015, 10:39 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Joao,

You have two options:

1) Use StellarIP to generate an ISE firmware and modify the firmware by adding VHDL/Verilog sources.
2) Create a star and get StellarIP add it in the ISE firmware.

The 4FM Getting Started Guide covers creating a custom star, for 2) and  1) should be no problem, creating and modifying firmware in ISE Navigator is a standard firmware engineering duty.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

fjoao012 February 10, 2015, 12:03 PM (#2)

Ok, I'll check that (I think I was a little bit lost in the beginning).

Thank you for your time,
Joao

ebarhorst February 12, 2015, 09:04 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.