Topic: Issues powering up FMC230 on a Vadatech carrier card  (Read 62683 times)

arnaudNL March 17, 2015, 07:56 AM (#15)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Stan,

Can you please update us?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

stanstanev March 18, 2015, 10:05 PM (#16)

Hi Peter/Arnaud.
Really sorry for the late reply. I didn't get a notification that you had responded in this thread.
I was actually posting here to tell you to hold off on the FMC160 investigation because I am not sure that it's an issue on your side.  It seems like an intermittent behavior related to the AMC card because sometimes it powers up and sometimes it doesn't.

After configuring the VADJ voltage through the IPMI port on the AMC card, the rails get powered up. I am not sure of the exact sequence but I can get that information from Vadatech.  When the rails get powered up the LED on the AMC should turn solid green. In the case with the FMC160 sometimes it turns solid green and sometimes the LED is off.  The first time I tried booting up the FMC160 on the AMC card the light was off so I immediately thought something was wrong with the FMC card.

The difference between the FMC230 (factory version/unmodified) and the FMC160 is that the actual procedure to set the VADJ voltage using the IPMI interface was failing with the FMC230.  The FMC160 always passed the the configuration procedure.  Now the difference between the modified FMC230 and the FMC160 is that the AMC LED is off instead of solid green when the rails come up. I have not been able to check if the FMC160 card has been provided proper power when the LED is off.

I will try to do some troubleshooting with Vadatech to see if it may be a problem with the AMC card.

Thank you,
Stan
  • « Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 10:12 PM by stanstanev »

peter March 18, 2015, 11:08 PM (#17)

• 4DSP Staff (US)
  • Administrator
Thank you Stan,

May I propose to close this topic? If you need further assistance, you can create a ticket in our new support environment: http://support.4dsp.com/

Thank you,
Peter

stanstanev March 19, 2015, 03:35 PM (#18)

Sure thanks for your help.

peter March 20, 2015, 10:59 AM (#19)

• 4DSP Staff (US)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.