Products > FMC112, FMC116

Configuring ADC

(1/2) > >>

karen:
Hi,

I want the FMC112 start sampling right after FPGA programmed without the need of any PC-side software initialization. could you please give me some advise how to accomplish that? ie. which registered should be initialized in FPGA??

tnx

arnaudNL:
Dear Karen,

We do not have register tables with all the values but we do have a reference software writing to all these registers through the reference firmware; fmc116_clocktree.cpp, fmc116_adc.cpp, etc..

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

karen:
Arnaud, thanks for your reply,

What I want is to know exactly what the reference software cpp files does on firmware configuration registers.

Since I changed the MAC engine to achieve higher throughput, I'm no longer able to communicate through your provided software, I need to have ADC start acquisition right after FPGA is programmed.

I'll be so grateful if you could help me on the issue.

arnaudNL:
Dear Karen,

As explained already, the cpp has very descriptive sequence many customers been able to use as a base. You may need to go back using the default reference software and default firmware in order to do that.

What I would do myself, as 4DSP does not have init tables, would be to modify sipif.cpp in order to create a table with all the writes done; which address and what value.

Another option would be to have 4DSP create you the init table for you but there you would expect some costs involved.

Please let me know how you would like to process!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL:
Dear Karen,

Please let me know if there is anything more I can do before to close this topic.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version