Topic: FMC110 + KC705 Without StellarIP  (Read 11082 times)

burselam February 05, 2015, 05:07 AM

Hi,

I have a FMC110 and KC705. I will use FMC110 without stellar IP. I need this information.

Do you have any coe file for initializing functions?
Do you provide that what is  going from FPGA to CPLD?

We need
Clock tree register values

ADC1 register values

ADC2 register values

DAC1 register values

DAC2 register values

• « Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:06 PM by burselam »

arnaudNL February 06, 2015, 06:07 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

No we do not have complete coe initialization file; In our reference design the software configures everything by writing to firmware registers. The best way to obtain the init value would be to modify sipif.cpp in a way it can create a table with which values are written at which addresses. We can of course create such tables for you but you should expect some costs.

The reference design is delivered free of charge and as source code and completely bring the hardware alive. The fact you want (or don't want) to use StellarIP does not really matter; StellarIP is a tool able to create firmware project for ISE and in a few rare cases, Vivado.

Let me know if this information is enough to get you move forward or if you want me to get you in touch with one of our sales representatives to discuss the tables/coe files issue.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

burselam February 06, 2015, 09:40 AM (#2)

Dear Arnaud;

Thanks. I find somethings in "fmc110_clocktree.cpp" file. I will use this values. I want to use StellarIP but your sample application works with a computer. I will do application without any computer. Is there any way to create application without computer with StellarIP? How can I use only sip_fmc110? Do you have any video training about it?

What is the modes ADC/DAC on StellarIP ?
I need initialization values for DAC /ADC. Which files include them?

Best Regards
Burak

arnaudNL February 09, 2015, 05:54 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator

Burak,

Modifications on the reference designs are not supported  by standard technical support. Our reference design is provided free of charge as source code. You can check the application modes on the main.cpp

Code: [Select]
printf("Usage: FMCxxxApp.exe {interface type} {device type} {device index} {clock mode} {vco type}\n\n");
printf(" {interface type} can be either 0 (PCI) or 1 (Ethernet)\n");
printf(" {device type} is a string defining the target hardware (VP680, ML605, ...)\n");
printf(" {device index} is a PCI index or an Ethernet interface index\n");
printf(" {clock mode} can be either 0 (Int. Clock, Int. Ref), 1 (Ext. Clock) or 2 (Int. Clock, Ext. Ref)\n");
printf(" {vco type} can be either 0 (1000MHz default) or 1 (Internal VCO option -C26)\n");
[\code]

You can check FMC110\Impls folder, there are files with names as fmc110_adc.cpp and fmc110_dac.cpp which seems to be what you are looking for!

There would be many ways to remove "life support" from the reference design. One way would be to replace sip_mac_engine in the firmware with a state machine.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

burselam February 10, 2015, 07:34 AM (#4)

Arnaud,

I sent a mail yesterday. Mail includes an excel file which include AD9517 init values. I wrote this data to CPLD and AD9517 and I can trace LD from CPLD led. When LED on, I can count signal from CLK_to_FPGA. Thanks. Please don't close this topic, may be I can ask again.

arnaudNL February 10, 2015, 10:25 AM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

I have to close the topic when the issue is resolved. The idea is that you can create as many topic as you want in the future.

Is this fine with you?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

burselam February 10, 2015, 10:26 AM (#6)

OK

ebarhorst February 12, 2015, 09:04 AM (#7)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.