Topic: Could not obtain sipcid table (error ffffffff)  (Read 27028 times)

alex May 11, 2012, 05:02 PM

• 4DSP Staff (USA)
  • Administrator
The error means that there is no communication between the host PC and the ML605. It's usually a firewall issue, but please try these solutions from the FAQ.

http://www.4dsp.com/forum/index.php?action=faq#title8
  • This is the most common solution: Please check with your IT department to make sure that the system does not have an additional firewall or anti-virus software besides the Windows Firewall and disable the programs if present.
  • Make sure the target hardware is not connected through a network switch/router.
  • Make sure that you have configured the FPGA with the right bitstream.
  • The Ethernet cable used should be short (cable provided with the dev kit or a length under 6 feet/2 meter) and should connect directly between the host and the development kit.
  • Ensure that the development kit jumpers or switches that define the Ethernet mode are in the default factory position: J68 has no jumper, J67 has a jumper between PIN 1 and PIN 2, J66 had a jumper between PIN 1 and PIN2.
  • Make sure that the FMC is plugged on the correct FMC site in the case your development kit has several FMC sites.
  • In Windows 7 the network adapter has to allow the 4DSP software to be part of the Ethernet stack. Open the "Network and Sharing Center" and click on "Change Adapter Settings" on the right. Right click on the ethernet card and select "Properties" and check that the 4DSP ethernet driver is there and checked.

If the top center LED near the Ethernet port is lit on the ML605 then the link is up at 100Mbps which means the firmware loaded fine and the Ethernet was properly reset.

Please refer to Chapter 8 ( Evaluating FMC AD/DA product using Xilinx Development kits (ML605, SP601, SP605) ) of the following document for complete setup instructions:
http://www.4dsp.com/pdf/4FM_Get_Started_Guide_WinXP.pdf
  • « Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:21 PM by alex »

agoel September 19, 2014, 03:46 AM (#1)

I have tried all the solutions as you mentioned (Disabled firewall etc.).

Error says : Could (not is not there) obtain sipcid table (error ffffffff), exiting.

Please provide necessary solution.

I am trying to interface ML605 (Eval Kit) and FMC150.

Command entered by me in cmd.exe : FMC15xApp.exe 1 ML605 0 0 1...
No of Devices found : 1

arnaudNL September 22, 2014, 11:25 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

we heard that many times but fact is that both reference firmware and software are known to be working on FMC150...

Maybe check the FAQ http://www.4dsp.com/forum/index.php?action=faq

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL September 24, 2014, 04:34 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Have you been able to move forward?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

agoel September 24, 2014, 10:33 AM (#4)

Hello Sir,

It's not working even after trying out everything. So for the moment I am not working in that direction.

What I have is a ML605 Evaluation Kit on which I want to implement Digital Signal Processing Chain. It needs a discrete input generated by ADC for the purpose of which I am using FMC-150 Daughter Card.

Requirement is to configure it as per the specifications I have (Sampling Rate etc.).

I am working on the schematics of FMC-150 (All of its chips) for clarity in understanding the Reference Design and it's taking too much time. So, would it be possible for you to provide where all I need to do changes in Ref. Design to serve the purpose (Considering me as a newbie in the interfacing stuff) or any other alternative for the same.

No Reference Documentation was provided when the board was purchased. All I have is BSP Package, downloaded from your official website.

Thanks in advance,

Hoping for a positive reply.

Akanksha

PS : Kindly direct my post if I am on the wrong column.

arnaudNL September 24, 2014, 10:58 AM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

You should first get the reference design running on your system, there are way to many things to change to document everything, this is why we have sources reference design.

I am not sure about your no documentation complaints, the 4FM Getting Started Guide clearly tells the firmware documentation is in the firmware source code package and the the reference software documentation is in doxygen in the software source code. In other words the documentation is in the BSP package..

A last thing you can try, please download WinPCAP and install/update WinPCAP on your machine. Let me know if that works (http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_1_3.exe)

I hope that helps,

Best Regards,
Arnaud

agoel September 24, 2014, 12:50 PM (#6)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The whole Board Support Package is huge with respect to its utilities. And it has so many entry points say C codes, dsn files, vhdl files, doxygen etc.
When I went through it for the first time say a few days ago, I dint understand where to begin from, following which I went to forum & got a start.

So  what I did is the following (Taking ref. from the documentation and the forum) (In sequence) :

0) Trying out the FMC Analyzer thing after dumping .bit file - which dint work. So discarded.
1) Loading the legacy library xml file and the dsn file for mL605_fm150 into Stellar IP.
2) Generated, without making any changes (from stellar ip tab), the .xise project, which is again a big thing to go through.
3) Started going through schematics of FMC150 (which again was posted by you somewhere), to understand the design..
4) As you suggested, I just went through the doxygen. (WinPcap, I installed earlier).

I am not able to figure out how to use the C Code. Do I need it to configure ADC wrt Sampling Rate, Output Bit width, with the procedure of which I am still not aware.

I am a newbie here. Please help me out.

Thanks a lot,

Akanksha

arnaudNL September 25, 2014, 04:33 AM (#7)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Akanksha,

The sampling clock modification is done by modifying CDCE72010 device on the FMC150. This is what is done by the software in the Fmc15xAPP\Libs\FMC15x\Impls\fmc15x_clocktree.cpp module. If you look at the Figure 1 in the user manual, you will see that the CDCE72010 chip outputs clock to both DAC and ADC.

The CDCE chip is mapped the firmware memory space and this is how fmc15x_clocktree.cpp is directly writing into the CDCE chip. Documentation and register description of this chip is available from TI > http://www.ti.com/product/cdce72010

And the mapping of FMC150 peripheral on the firmware memory space is documented by the SD0038 (sip_fmc150).pdf part of the firmware source code.

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

arnaudNL September 29, 2014, 05:25 AM (#8)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Akanksha,

Was the information sufficient? May I proceed with closing this topic? The topic text is "Could not obtain sipcid table" and I assume we are far from that.

Best Regards,

Arnaud

agoel September 30, 2014, 07:07 AM (#9)

Sir,

Yes, that was helpful. If required, I will start a new thread. U may close this one.

Thank you..

Ak

arnaudNL September 30, 2014, 09:50 AM (#10)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.