Topic: fmc161 vivado project  (Read 28223 times)

leongnrl February 10, 2015, 01:40 PM (#15)

I believe you use the newest version StellarIP to generate right? When you generate the ISE project from StellarIP, what was the ISE version number too?

lmunoz February 10, 2015, 01:46 PM (#16)

I use StellarIP 1.3.1.0. I didn't use ISE. In StellarIP go to Design->Design Details under Flow Support I selected Vivado Supported and un-select ISE.  For that to work you have to convert the UCF files to XDC for each Star that has external signals, I did that and sent you the combined XDC file already.

leongnrl February 10, 2015, 02:03 PM (#17)

I got the following error when I have setting-> Firmware-> Xilinx ISE disable, Xilinx Vivado Enabled

Vivado flow is enabled in the StellarIP settings but this firmware does not support it. StellarIP will not create a Vivado project!

Did you generate the vivado project directly from StellarIP or generate an ISE program from Stellar IP first then import to vivado?

lmunoz February 10, 2015, 02:20 PM (#18)

I generated Vivado project directly from StellarIP, I've never seen that error. I'll ask software engineer about that.

StellarIP->Settings do you have the path for the Vivado bin directory?
Design->Design Details do you have Vivado Support?

Were you able to download the zip file I linked to and run the bit file?

leongnrl February 11, 2015, 07:45 PM (#19)

I was able to get ur project to work.

I figured out that I didn't enable vivado under Design -> Design Details, instead, I enabled vivado under Default Design Details only.

One interesting thing is, I still can't get my project to work by generating vivado from StellarIP with no XDC change, and then adding your combined xdc later.

lmunoz February 12, 2015, 12:58 PM (#20)

I would copy all the source from one project into a folder then the source code of the other project into another folder then use a tool like winmerge to compare the source code of both projects to find what the different is.

arnaudNL February 16, 2015, 09:58 AM (#21)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Are you able to move forward? Would you have some feedback for me?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

leongnrl February 18, 2015, 01:46 PM (#22)

The vivado project that you uploaded works and I am happy about it. I have tried to record the command from the ethernet and play them back to initialize the fmc card in order to eliminate the use 4dsp ethernet core. I had that working in ISE but I can't get that to work in Vivado using the same method. Anyway It doesn't seem to be a problem from your code, but it is more likely a problem from Vivado though.

arnaudNL February 19, 2015, 05:08 AM (#23)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Sir,

Thank you for the feedback!

I am closing this topic. Please feel free to open any new topic in the future.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL February 20, 2015, 11:51 AM (#24)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.