Topic: FMC122-2-1-1-1 REV2 is not compatible with REV1  (Read 5975 times)

goh4dsp February 01, 2013, 01:34 AM

Dear Sir,
We recently bought 2 units of FMC122 and the boards come with Rev2. We already have a rev1 FMC122 and it works well with our application. When we replace Rev1 with Rev2, our system just did not work anymore.
We are puzzle what had been done on Rev2 as Rev2 supposely is an upgrade version and it shoud has better improved functionality.
Please help to shed some light on it and our shcedule is behind now due to this not compatible issue between rev 1 and rev2.

Regards
Goh

arnaudNL February 01, 2013, 06:42 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,
I know that we have modified slightly the reference design for rev2 chips. Maybe try installing a recent BSP and use recent material. The rev2 chips are tested as for rev1, it should pass the tests and show same signal integrity.
I hope that helps,
Arnaud

goh4dsp February 01, 2013, 06:50 AM (#2)

Dear Sir,
Thanks for the advise.
By the way, can you point me on how to change the BSP and material?

Thanks
Goh

arnaudNL February 01, 2013, 07:45 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Goh,
Am not sure to understand your question, if you are looking for a modification list on the software/firmware, there is none. However fluent designers generally quickly ultracompare/winmerge the source base.
If the question is how to change the BSP, then you would want to uninstall the currently installed BSP and then reinstall the new BSP. I expect difference in the firmware, nothing critical on the software.
I hope that helps,
Arnaud