Topic: FMC700 schematic/FMC110 front IO/HDMI connector pin mapping for KC705 board  (Read 9501 times)

benjaminberg February 18, 2014, 09:46 AM

Hello,

I am thinking about using the HDMI connector at the front of the FMC110 board for different purposes.

There are two things that I am interested in general:
 * Using it as an SPI interface (by setting the front IO direction on the CPLD correctly).
 * Using it for high performance differential inputs directly to the FPGA.

As I understand it, both use cases should be possible, as the FMC110 connects the differential pairs to the FMC connector, and some of the other cables to the front IO input/output buffers. Now my issue is only, that I do not know the exact pin mapping of the FMC700 board. Because of this, I don't have a way to know the correct pin placement of the FPGA.

Could you provide schematics for the FMC700 that show the pin mapping from the fully populated HPC connector at the top to the two HPC/LPC connectors at the bottom?

lmunoz February 19, 2014, 01:09 PM (#1)

Hi,

Do you have the FMC700 and the FMC110 User Manuals? We try to make these as complete as possible these give complete pin outs. For example if I look at the FMC110 User Manual in the HDMI section it shows that the the LVTTL pins are called FONT_IO.  Further down I see the pin mapping

HB20_P F37 FRONT_IO<0>

HB20_N F38 FRONT_IO<1>

I then look in the FMC700 User Manual at the end it has a pin mapping it shows:

HB20_P FMC_LPC_LA20_P
HB20_N FMC_LPC_LA20_N

So now I know the connection for two pins on the HDMI cable are :

FRONT_IO<0>   connects to   FMC_LPC_LA20_P
FRONT_IO<1>  connects to  FMC_LPC_LA20_N

Regards,
Luis

benjaminberg February 21, 2014, 01:34 PM (#2)

Ah, I simply do not have the FMC700 user guide; only the data sheet, which does not contain the information.

I am not able to find the user guide right now, can I download the PDF somewhere, or can you send it?

benjaminberg February 21, 2014, 01:48 PM (#3)

OK, I guessed the link (http://m.4dsp.com/pdf/FMC700_user_manual.pdf), and have it now. Thanks for the information.

arnaudNL February 25, 2014, 07:29 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.