Topic: Getting started with Zedboard and FMC 150 in Vivado  (Read 11000 times)

JoaoFerreira November 17, 2014, 02:21 PM

Hello

I'm currently trying to understand how to put FMC150 card working with zedboard.
I already installed the programs needed for FMC and i already have the board support package but the problem is that the reference design provided is for working with ISE. But my work is to do it with vivado, and the problem is that i don't have a reference design to work with FMC150 and zedboard with vivado.
Someone know how to do it? Or know something that explains this?

Thank you in advance
Joao

arnaudNL November 17, 2014, 03:33 PM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Joao,

We do not support Vivado except for large Virtex 7 FPGAs. So there is not much help we can provide here. I can point you to a reference design for the Zedboard and FMC30RF, of course it is not exactly what you are looking for but looking at both firmware you will see the difference is the host interface star.

You should be able to move forward that way, I sincerely hope so : http://www.4dsp.com/avnet/Zedboard-FMC30RF.zip

This reference design was made for Avnet and is a Vivado firmware along with a FMC30RF GUI.

This is very outside of the scope of standard technical support so I really cannot go in the details but I think this is valid reference design.

I hope that helps,

Best Regards,
Arnaud

JoaoFerreira November 17, 2014, 05:12 PM (#2)

So the only way is follow this reference guide paying attention to the differences from FMC30RF to the FMC150?

If vivado wasn't a requirement, what do you recommend to get started with zedboard and FMC150?

Thanks for the help

arnaudNL November 17, 2014, 05:25 PM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Joao,

Another option is to use ISE, and then we have 325_zedb_fmc150 ISE firmware part of the BSP.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

JoaoFerreira November 17, 2014, 06:07 PM (#4)

Ok thank you! I'll try to manage it

arnaudNL November 18, 2014, 10:52 AM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.