Topic: dac pattern checker test result  (Read 4906 times)

tingkeeyong October 14, 2014, 04:30 PM

Hi, I've came across to read the content of dac chip on fmc150. At address 0x08 it returned value 0x59, according to the datasheet it mentioned "The values of these bits tell which bit in the byte-wide LVDS bus failed during the pattern checker test.". Does this indicates hardware failure?

arnaudNL October 15, 2014, 06:51 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Sir,

Please refer to the reference design, check fmc15x_dac.cpp, there we have implemented the complete init sequence. On of the last step in fmc15x_dac_init() is the data bus pattern check, we read address 0x8 and check for error. And this will only work after the clocking is correct.

Note that the chipset is not up and running (said differently cannot be used) before to actually run the software application and I assume this is what you are not doing.

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

tingkeeyong October 15, 2014, 08:15 AM (#2)

Hi, thanks for you reply. Unfortunately I'm using AVNET reference design instead. The board is turned on instead as the cdce pll is locked, also i've manage to send the data to dac and return from adc via loop back, but the signal (sine & cosine) is badly distorted although still in recognisable shape. The addr 0x8 from ads chip is actually read through VIO when everything is on, therefore the content 0x59 is kind of worry me.

arnaudNL October 15, 2014, 09:17 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Sir,

Then would it make sense to ask Avnet? Anyway the RMA will be issued by Avnet and not 4DSP.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL October 17, 2014, 04:55 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Is there anything I can do for you before to closing this topic?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL October 20, 2014, 02:09 PM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

I haven't heard from you for a while, I while close the topic in 24 hours without news from your side.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL October 22, 2014, 04:16 AM (#6)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.