Products > FMC150

.xdc for VC709 - FMC150

(1/3) > >>

mCezar:
Hello, everybody,

I have an FMC150 and need to make it work on a VC709 evaluation board. The 4FM Get Started Guide (r.4.11, p.66) talks about a .bit generated for such a board. How could I get the xdc file used for the VC709-FMC150 combination?

Even better, is there an IP core that wraps this specific interface? Where to get it?

Kind regards,
mC

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

The VC709-FMC150 firmware does not come free of charge because it uses PCIe and the PCIe does not come free when buying a FMC150.. Plus we do not support Vivado on Xilinx development boards yet, only on our VP780/FM780 with large FPGAs (1140t). In other words, I am not able to provide you with the XDC file for Vivado.

The BSP free of charge works on Ethernet and there you can use ML605, KC705, VC707, ZC702, ZEDBOARD, ZC706, etc..

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

Please let me know if there is anything I can do before to close this topic!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

mCezar:
Hello, Arnaud,

My only question would be: how to port to VC709 a FMC150 design made for VC707?

Thank you.
mCezar

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

You can easily find both VC707 and VC709 schematics on the internet. As soon you will start porting you will encounter a major issue; There is no Ethernet on VC709.

Then you would need to replace the Ethernet engine star with a PCIe star. Implementing PCIe is not a straightforward task so unless you really know what you do I would recommend you to purchase a PCIe star from 4DSP. This will cut you down months of development/debugging because the porting will be straightforward.

Do you want me to get sales to contact you or do you want to initiate the process on your hand directly?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version