Topic: Could not obtain NDIS Ethernet device enumeration  (Read 8616 times)

Fernando July 09, 2014, 10:53 AM

Hi everyone,

I have this problem when I run the FMC125_calibration.exe :

“Could not obtain NDIS<Ethernet> device enumeration…
Check if the 4dspnet driver installed or if the serice started?
You can discard this error if you do not have any Ethernet based product in use.”

This FMC125_calibration.exe previously worked on my Windows 8 (64-bit) operation system, but now I moved for Windows 7 (64-bit) system and no longer works. Previously in the Windows 8, I also needed to restart the computer several times in order to work. But now with Windows 7 simply does not work.

Does anyone have a solution?

arnaudNL July 10, 2014, 04:59 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Have you installed the latest BSP on your Windows 7? We have recently changed the ETHAPI internals to support Windows 8.1. We don't use our proprietary NDIS driver anymore but we rely on WinPCAP.

Can you tell me if you are using "Installer Version 2.235.1 27 June 2014.", this is the moment we changed ETHAPI. If you do use this installer, can you confirm you have installed WinPCAP on your machine?

Thanks,
Arnaud

Fernando July 11, 2014, 07:58 AM (#2)

Dear Arnaud,

thanks for your reply. We were indeed able to fix the issue in Windows 8.1 with the new update. Also for Windows 7, we have already detected and fixed the problem.

Many thanks,
Fernando

arnaudNL July 11, 2014, 09:25 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the feedback.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL July 11, 2014, 09:25 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.