Topic: fmc30rf schematic  (Read 10837 times)

stuartwesterman September 10, 2014, 06:03 PM

Is there any chance that I could get a look at the fmc30rf schematic?

arnaudNL September 11, 2014, 04:22 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Stuart,

No the schematics are not provided to public. The FMC30RF is not an evaluation board, it is a product. The product is shipped along with a complete firmware, software and documentation for it as well as a hardware user manual.

If you feel like some information is missing and prevent you to understand in which mode the chips are operating, please let us know and I will make sure this information makes it through in a new version of the user manual.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

stuartwesterman September 11, 2014, 03:33 PM (#2)

I'd like to see a block diagram of the fmc connector to the afe7225 to the trf3720, that is more detailed than what's in the user manual.

I'd like to see theory on how the afe7225 is configured in concert with the trf3720, in the reference design. How does BurstSize (16*1024) and DacNbPeriod relate to the configuration of of the afe7225 and the trf3720.

arnaudNL September 12, 2014, 05:19 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Stuart,

You have a working reference design, with sources, comments, and documentation. There is a sticky topic about the reference design.

You need to gather this information from the source code and/or the software/firmware documentation such as CDs and SDs part of the firmware source code.

The FMC30RF was integrated successfully by many customers with the same information; One thing we can arrange is to answer all your detailed question through a engineering support contract. Shall I get a sales person to get in touch with you?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL September 15, 2014, 04:44 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator

Dear Stuart,

I am following up with you, you haven't reported back to me, do you want me to get a sales engineer to contact you to discuss that further?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

stuartwesterman September 15, 2014, 05:21 PM (#5)

No, I wouldn't like a sales engineer to contact me.

Where can I find more information about the LNA stages. Like linear operating range, gain, etc. I see a one sentence reference to the LNA stages in the user manual, stating that they provide 18-20 dB of gain. Is that all there is?

arnaudNL September 16, 2014, 06:53 AM (#6)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

A few lines before where 18-20dB information you have the LNA type written, either SKY67101-396LF or SKY67100-396LF

Please check the datasheet of these components from the manufacturer website, this is what we used during our design.

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

arnaudNL September 17, 2014, 11:37 AM (#7)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Have you been able to gather the information you needed about the LNA?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL September 24, 2014, 04:51 AM (#8)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

I am following up with you guys, were you able to move forward?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL September 29, 2014, 05:30 AM (#9)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.