Products > FMC230

SPI Configure Interface

(1/3) > >>

wuge1:
Hi, i’m connecting FMC230 to ML605 using LPC. I wrote a DAC interface module in VHDL like this:

entity DAC_Interface is
   Port (
     dac_clk       : in  std_logic;                     -- Master input clock from DAC
     wr_clk         : in  std_logic;                     -- Write clock for data
     rst_system  : in  std_logic;
     ref_clk     : in  std_logic;                     -- Reference clock to IDELAY CONTROL
     clkdly_clk  : in  std_logic;                     -- idelay INC/DEC CLK must be always on
     clkdly_inc  : in  std_logic;                     -- idelay INC/DEC
     clkdly_ce   : in  std_logic;                     -- idelay INC/DEC enable
     input_data_even_0     : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     input_data_even_1     : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     input_data_even_2     : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     input_data_even_3     : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);           
     input_data_odd_0      : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     input_data_odd_1      : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     input_data_odd_2      : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     input_data_odd_3      : in  std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);                                                                 
     clk_out                     : out std_logic;           -- DDR clock to DAC
     data_even_out         : out std_logic_vector(13 downto 0);
     data_odd_out           : out std_logic_vector(13 downto 0)                     
     );
end DAC_Interface;

I also finished the UCF-file according to the LPC pin-out provided in FMC230 User Manual. Now I need an SPI module to configure the DAC. An external sampling clock >= 2.8GHz should be used for synchronization with the ADC which is connected on the HPC. Could you tell me how I can get this SPI module efficiently? Thank you!

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

I am not sure which SPI module you should use but maybe it would make sense to look at the reference design, it is provided as source code for both the software and the firmware. The reference design is able to completely configure the chipset during runtime; So the SPI communication is done there.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

wuge1:
Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your answer! I found a reference design “fmc230_if.vhd” in this folder:

C:\Programme\4dsp\Common\Firmware\Extracted\337_ml605_fmc230\star_lib\sip_fmc230\vhdl

Can you have a look at it and tell me is that the one you meant?

Thanks,
Ge

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

Firmware 337_ml605_fmc230 is a complete ISE firmware as soon it is generated from StellarIP. A complete working firmware for your board combination, this is the actual reference design.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

wuge1:
Hi Arnaud,

I don't need the complete firmware. Can I only generate the SPI module with the help of StellarIP?

Regards,
Ge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version