Products > FMC Products

FMC667: Using FMC flash prog to program Nor flash

(1/2) > >>

Peter77:
Hi,

Can I check if it is possible to use the FMC667 flash prog in the BSP to write the fmcwebuart dat file into Nor flash? I am able to modify the FMC667 flash prog to read the fmcwebuart dat through ethernet and saves it into Nor flash starting from sector 0. A readback of the Nor flash shows the contents had been correctly saved, but the fmcwebuart fails to start in spi flash boot mode after reset. Is there any conversion required before saving the file into flash? We need this feature because we might need to update the fmc firmware in field without the uartOS in the VC707 board.

Thanks!

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

The problem here is that ISE has settings to place unused IOs to low or high, which is the case in the BIST reference design. Ultimately this causes the DSP to not receive the right bootmode.

Make sure to configure your VC707 in JTAG mode via the switch, check the attached picture. This will make sure no FPGA configuration is loaded from VC707 flash and therefor all the FPGA pins are in high impedance. Note that the flash is programmed with the webuart before shipping. So only power up the VC707 with FMC667 should boot the web/com server without problem, assuming you don't have a firmware tieing boot mode pins to 0 or 1!

Can you please let me know if that fixes your issue, if so I would like to close this topic.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

Peter77:
Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the help! I am now able to program the nor flash with the web uart dat file(ready folder) provided in the bsp. However, I need to generate the dat file for flashing using machines running win xp. Can you show me the steps to generate the dat file from ti .out file? Or are you able to release the source code for Dat file creator so that I can compile it on my machine?

Regards

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

Windows XP does not exist anymore this is why we are not going to do anything about Windows XP.

I know it does not help you much but XP is not existing anymore and have high risk on any company networks so you should not use Windows XP anymore

What about installing the BSP on a Windows 7 machine, virtual or not?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

Peter77:
Hi Arnaud,

I can try to work around that by installing on a Win 7 machine, but we need to understand how to generate the dat file ourselves. If will be great if you can point us to the right direction. Can you show us the .rmd and .map file used by hex6x and romparse?

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version