Topic: compilation and execution of your example programe in VC++2012  (Read 16244 times)

msdey123 August 08, 2014, 06:14 AM

I tried to execute your example program downloaded for FMC112, I am finding problems.They are listed below:

The programe is :
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <4FM.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  int devno;
  _4FM_DeviceContext ctx;
  _4FM_error_t rc;

/* Count the command line arguments */
    if(argc != 3)
  {
    fprintf(stderr, "usage: fm48x_reset <devtype> <devno>\n");
    return EXIT_FAILURE;
  }

devno = strtol(argv[2], 0, 0);

/* Open device and check handle is valid */
  rc = _4FM_OpenDevice(&ctx, argv[1], devno);
  if(rc != _4FM_OK)
  {
       fprintf(stderr, "failed to open device %d\n", devno);
       return EXIT_FAILURE;
  }

/* Perform reset */
  rc = _4FM_ResetDevice(&ctx);
  if(rc != _4FM_OK)
  {
       fprintf(stderr, "failed to reset device %d\n", devno);
       return EXIT_FAILURE;
  }

printf("Successfully reset device %d\n", devno);

/* Close device */
  _4FM_CloseDevice(&ctx);

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'D:\4FMTRIAL\ConsoleApplication6\Debug\ConsoleApplication6.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
SHIMVIEW: ShimInfo(Complete)
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\4dsp\4FM Core Development Kit\Bins\4fm.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr110d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\4dsp\4FM Core Development Kit\Bins\FDSP_General.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr110.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ConsoleApplication6.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\devobj.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The program '[4864] ConsoleApplication6.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

arnaudNL August 08, 2014, 06:34 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

The PDB thing has nothing to do with our software, this is Microsoft way to tell you your system DLL don't have debug information, google that for more information. The same is for 4FM.dll and so on, they are without debug information.

What I can see is that your application return value 1. Most likely this is what EXIT_FAILURE is defined to.

So you will need to step trace the code in order to understand where it goes wrong, most likely you don't give any argument to the exe or something obvious like that.

As a side note, this code has nothing to do with FMC112.

The code for FMC112 should be located under C:\Program Files (x86)\4dsp\4FM Core Development Kit\Plug-Ins or C:\Program Files (x86)\4dsp\FMC Board Support Package\Refs\Software.

I hope that helps, ...

Best Regards,,
Arnaud

arnaudNL August 11, 2014, 04:34 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Have you obtained enough information? Can I go ahead and close this topic?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

msdey123 August 12, 2014, 05:50 AM (#3)

I followed your instruction and did the same and run it from within VC++2012 and it has come with following.
What to do? Please provide some documentation for the compilation process for the begineers like me.

'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'E:\Refs_MSD_08_08_14\Software\FMC112\Debug\Fmc116APP.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr110d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nsi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\4dsp\FMC Board Support Package\Bins\EthAPI.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Fmc116APP.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Program Files\4dsp\FMC Board Support Package\Bins\EthAPI.dll'
The program '[5564] Fmc116APP.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

arnaudNL August 12, 2014, 11:37 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

We don't have specific documentation, besides the 4FM Getting Started Guide. It does explain how to run the application, there is a complete chapter on how to evaluate FMC boards.

You can also try to step trace the software to understand where it goes wrong, in other words where it is exiting.

As far as the error 0xFFFFFFFF is concerned, it is likely because one of the point in http://www.4dsp.com/forum/index.php?action=faq

Best Regards,
Arnaud

msdey123 August 13, 2014, 02:46 AM (#5)

FMC116APP.exe  1 ML605 0 0

When I run the programe with the arguments mentioned,it can not open the device.It is in windows 8.It appears that it is failing at the following lines.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Open one of the device from a given device ID argument
    if(sipif_init(ifType, devType, devIdx, TIMEOUTDMA, SYNTH_M, SYNTH_N, fpga_device_type) != SIPIF_ERR_OK) {
        printf("Could not open device %d\n", devIdx);
        sipif_free();
        return -2;
    }

How to come out of this situation?
  • « Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:49 AM by msdey123 »

arnaudNL August 13, 2014, 04:24 AM (#6)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Can you maybe try to install winpcap from http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm?

WinPCAP is required in order the Ethernet link to work, if it is already installed, uninstall and reinstall WinPCAP. I would expect you to get some MessageBox telling you it cannot find winpcap.dll or such things..

Please let me know how that goes!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL August 18, 2014, 06:06 AM (#7)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Was this information helpful, did it help you moving forward?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

msdey123 August 18, 2014, 06:23 AM (#8)

Dear Sir,
I have not tried that. executable is working in other PC.
Now, I need your help in connection of your sample program. I want to make my own block which will shape the input profile.

Input-> FMC112(DIGITIZER)->SHAPER->ETHERNET

How can I add my shaper unit using your STELLER IP design tool. Where I have to keep my own VHDL?

My second question is - How can I continuously store that data in a file? In your application only 64KB can be stored at a time?
How can I manage to my think?

arnaudNL August 18, 2014, 10:03 AM (#9)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Check 4FM Getting Started Guide, there is a chapter about adding a custom star in a design (chapter 6).

Double check your math: 12 channels, two bytes per samples, 125M samples per second.

You need to offload: 12 * 2 * 125000000 per second -> 3000000000 bytes per second, this is 2.8GB/s and there is no way you offload that through our Ethernet API; Our Ethernet API have a maximum of 10MB/s I think, it is not suited to transfer such a big amount of data and we have never characterized the link, this link is only suited to save a few kB data.

Then saving to disk is going to be between 2 and 15MB/s unless you are using USB3 and solid state drive so you will be very far from what you expect. To give you an order of magnitude, our current PCIe bandwidth is around 1.5GB/s

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

msdey123 August 19, 2014, 01:31 AM (#10)

Dear Sir,
Our profile is say 10 microsecend duration,it means it will acquire about 1250 samples,out of which I want only peak of those 1250 samples,means 2 byte out of 2500 byte.
For 12 channel data processed 24 byte /  10 microsecond = 2.4 byte / microsecond =2.4 MBYTE /SECOND.
It is possible with your link speed of 10 MB/SECOND.

Can you help me to build shaper + peak finder in your flow so that I can manage to make my firmware?I shall give you our strategy.

arnaudNL August 19, 2014, 04:51 AM (#11)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

That should fit in the bandwidth budget but there are no guarantee it will work, as explained already the Ethernet interface is not very reliable, it is not TCP/IP.

As far as adding you own stars, refer to Chapter 6 of getting started guide.

4DSP can help you designing your firmware but then an engineering support contract should be in place so an engineer can assist you. 4DSP could also provide you with the right firmware for you application but then things should be defined and discussed with one of our sales engineer. Is this a path you are interested to take, shall I get a sales engineer to discuss these two options with you?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL August 21, 2014, 05:52 AM (#12)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Was all the information sufficient, can I proceed and close this topic?

Is there anything I can do about this specific issue?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL August 26, 2014, 05:32 AM (#13)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

I will close the topic in 24 hour without receiving news from your side.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL August 27, 2014, 08:40 AM (#14)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.