Topic: Variable Sampling Frequency for FMC108  (Read 7853 times)

kjb July 16, 2014, 12:22 PM

Dear 4DSP team,

I hope I am not asking this question unreasoned, but I could not find a definite answer in the FMC108 data sheet nor on the other forum posts.

For our design we consider using the 2 FMC108 card we have at a lower sampling frequency, i.e. 200MSPS instead of 250MSPS. Is this possible with the ADC card. The TI ADS62P49 states explicitely a maximum sampling frequency, hence I should be able to run it at a lower sampling rate. However The FMC108 data sheet only states directly 250MSPS.

Hence my question is: Can I supply an external 200MHz sampling clock to the card without impeding functionality?

Thank you very much in advance,
   Jakob Brunner

arnaudNL July 18, 2014, 05:16 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

We have not used the FMC108 under such conditions but this should be possible. There might be some firmware rework to be done on the reference design in order to make sure the timing are good when sampling at 200MHz. The default reference design can work on both internal and external clock mode.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL July 21, 2014, 05:15 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Can I go ahead and close the topic? I assume the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL July 22, 2014, 09:10 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.