Topic: Ethernet communication with the Reference Design Software  (Read 6949 times)

rickyxrq May 21, 2014, 03:56 AM

Dear 4DSP,

I've got the write operation table as we've discussed at http://www.4dsp.nl/forum/index.php/topic,2897.0.html

[size=78%]I studied the vc707_fmc30rf.xise and the brd_packet_engine.vhd says it manages all of the ethernet communication with the reference design software. But I found it rather confused to understand how the packets are dealt with in reference firmware. Is there any possible reference about the signal path or some other detailed [/size]explanation? There is few annotate in the vhd file and it's not easy for a beginner like me to understand the process.

The next goal is to write the write operation table to the chip so I have to figure out how the ethernet communication works in reference firmware.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ricky

arnaudNL May 21, 2014, 03:08 PM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Ricky,

Two sources of information would be the SD (Star Description) for the mac engine which has description of the interfaces and simulation. The simulation reads a .sip file and translate that to command bus transactions.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL June 13, 2014, 08:01 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.