Products > FMC Products

FMC168 connection with ML605 board: Cannot be connected properly

(1/4) > >>

roengrut:
Hello 4DSP support,

I currently have a FMC168 and would like to test it with my ML605 Development board from Xilinx. I just received the FMC board and would like to connect it using FMC Analyzer Plug-in and Application, as suggested by the 4FM Getting Started Guide (r4.15) on page 26 (Section 4.9.5). I think I connected everything correctly and followed the procedure suggested in Section 4.9.5.3. Everything seemed to be OK and I think my ML605 can find the FMC168 except that errors of the program trying to exit keeps occurring. It seems that the hardware detection fails to operate. You can see from the attached picture here.

Could you please suggest me how to operate the FMC168 board with my ML605 correctly? I do not know how it could fail. Furthermore, I do have another board which is FMC204 and I also would like to test it similarly as I did for FMC168. Thank you and look forward to receiving comments from you soon.

Roengrut

tonyku:
Hi,

Is your board on the HPC or LPC connector?  It has to be on the HPC connector.

roengrut:
Hello,

Thanks very much for your reply. It was on the LPC connector when I tested it last time. I will try it again on the HPC connector when I go back to my office tomorrow.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Since it is LPC-compatible, will its capacity be reduced to 4 channels (just like FMC164) on the LPC slot? Does it need any changes in the Reference Design if it is still used on the LPC connector? If it does require changes in the Reference Design for use on the LPC connector, will it be working with the FMC Analyzer ?

Thank you for your time for my questions. I hope to receive your comments again.

Roengrut

tonyku:
Hello,

Our standard ML605 FMC168 constellation firmware will only work on HPC side on that card, and our reference software as well as the analyzer is only designed to work with the provided firmware.   Any customization on your end will require your own modification on the provided reference software code.   

However, we do not provide the source code to the FMC Analyzer, it is designed to only work with our reference firmware.

-Tony

roengrut:
Hello Tony,

Thanks very much again for your reply.

Today I already moved the FMC to HPC connector and it seems to be found by my ML605. This time I have another problem with the onboard monitoring device. I check from the reference software code that it should first check the temperature and then the voltage. It seems that it cannot read the temperature at all and the software returns error (as seen in the 1st picture here). I am not sure if the problem comes from an incorrect device ID or incorrect firmware. I did try several times both with the bit-file from the "Recovery" directory that has been already generated and also a bit-file that I compiled by using ISE Project Navigator. The result is still the same. I also tried with KC705 development board that belongs to my colleague and obtained the same error (as seen in the 2nd picture). Another test gives me the same error when I tried to run a fmc16xAPP.exe software (3rd picture).

Please suggest me what I should do with this error. Does it have to do anything with the vhdl code before compiling a bit-file ? Is the problem related to the "sip_mac_engine" star/component and anything with the communication; for example, the Ethernet IP address setting ?

Thank you very much for your time again today.

Roengrut

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version