Topic: Suggestion to add wormhole connection highlighting to Stellar IP  (Read 8934 times)

ctexin May 14, 2014, 01:16 PM

If the Stellar IP GUI would highlight the wormhole connection path in a different color when selected &/or hovered over, this would help with debugging and ensuring the connections have been made as desired.  As the design gets bigger and more wormhole paths cross, this becomes increasingly useful to see which star the endpoints are connected to.

arnaudNL May 15, 2014, 04:02 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Cheryl,

That's a valid opinion. We will look into that but I am adding that in the feature request list. Note that you can also use labels to ease the tasks. I am using a lot of labels when drawing constellations.

Thanks,
Arnaud

ctexin May 15, 2014, 12:59 PM (#2)

I find that it can be hard to track down where a label connects, especially when looking over someone else's design.  If I want to see where the labelled input signal is coming from, I have to manually go find the star that has the same label on the output via inspection.  If there are a lot of stars or if the labels are similar (i.e. cmd0, cmd1 etc) this is not always easy or quick.  Perhaps the labels could get a highlight feature as well! 

arnaudNL June 05, 2014, 09:03 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Cheryl,

Just wanted to let you know that I have seen the highlighting feature in action today. It was implemented fine and will be released part of the next StellarIP release probably next week Friday!

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL June 05, 2014, 09:03 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.