Topic: performance specification about FMC30RF  (Read 4798 times)

hzh0608 February 26, 2014, 09:02 AM

Hi,
    Are there documents about performance specification of FMC30RF ?
    I am testing my FMC30RF recently using FMC30RFAPP.exe. I choose to load my own txt file to send according to API Software. When I sent a sine wave file or OFDM file or AWGN file, I found there was a big dc component in spectrum. Also, When I sent all 0  data, I found the noise of receiving was a little big. All the setting of API Software was default settings, that means 2nd LNA was excluded from the RX path and the Programmable Attenuator had maximum attenuation and so on.
    Below attachments are the analysis result of the matlab when send 1.awgn signal 2.ofdm bandwidth signal of 30MHz bandwidth 3.sine wave signal of 960kHz  4. send all 0, that is to say send nothing.

If there is a performance specification document, I can compare it with my result.

Thanks.

Marchzh
  • « Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:07 AM by hzh0608 »

peter February 27, 2014, 10:57 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (US)
  • Administrator
Hello Marchzh,

The FMC30RF is characterized by TI, but the report is not released in public. Could you provide me with the following information:

- Serial number of the FMC30RF
- Carrier card type
- Frequency of the RX clock (and power if externally applied clock is used)
- Frequency of the TX clock (and power if externally applied clock is used)

Thanks,
Peter

hzh0608 February 27, 2014, 11:17 PM (#2)

Hello Marchzh,

The FMC30RF is characterized by TI, but the report is not released in public. Could you provide me with the following information:

- Serial number of the FMC30RF
- Carrier card type
- Frequency of the RX clock (and power if externally applied clock is used)
- Frequency of the TX clock (and power if externally applied clock is used)

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,
     These testing data comes from one of my FMC30RF-2-2-1-1(400M~1.2G), and the serial number of it is 0159. I also have two FMC30RF-2-2-2-1(1.2G~3G), and the serial number is 0131.
      Frequency of the RX clock and Frequency of the TX clock are both 1.0G.

peter March 17, 2014, 10:22 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (US)
  • Administrator
Hello Marchzh,

The result of the sine wave and no signal looks normal to me. Please also find attached the performance report. Is there anything else we can support in?

Best Regards,
Peter

peter March 27, 2014, 11:12 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (US)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.