Topic: FMC126 Calibration  (Read 4828 times)

cvisser November 08, 2013, 09:51 PM

I purchased, installed, and ran the FMC126 calibration reference design.  Now what?  I'm think that I can use the calibration header file somewhere but I'm not sure where.  I'm hoping that I can plug it into the regular FMC126 reference design code to get the 5GSPS from a single channel that I need.  We were told that we needed to purchase the calibration code for the FMC126 to do that with so...
Help me, Mr. Wizard! (an obscure reference to a very old cartoon)

zhangxiang November 09, 2013, 02:24 AM (#1)

I  have the same question that if I should pay for the calibration reference design .there are 2 bit files,one is 089_ml605_fmc126 ,and the other is  192_ml605_fmc126_cal ??  from the log.txt ,I find the calibration need almost 1 minute, i want to know if I should calibrate it every time or  just for one time ? if I change the sample frequence to 3G, should I calibrate again? 

ebarhorst November 11, 2013, 07:34 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Hi,

the calibration package developed by 4DSP is specifically aiming for 1 channel 5Gsps and 2 channels 2.5 Gsps. The calibration values that are found after running the calibration software are stored in a header file format for convenience. You need to write your own software application to use the header file.

It is best  to use the calibration software as the reference to build your own application. The calibration software can be told to skip the calibration and use predefined values.

Calibration is specific for a sample frequency and temperature range. Changing these two requires new calibration values. Once found the calibration values can be used directly and there is no need to rerun the calibration each time.

Changing the sample frequency requires a good  understanding of the calibration algorithm and a modification to the calibration application.

Best regards,
Erik