Topic: FMC126 1-channel mode  (Read 5019 times)

cvisser October 10, 2013, 10:14 PM

Is there a quick and dirty way to set the FMC126 ADC to 1-channel mode using the provided apps (like Fmc12xAPP) without having to modify and recompile the source code.  (I'm not able to acquire Visual Studio sufficiently quick enough).
 Clyde R. Visser
(310) 320-3088
x-331

arnaudNL October 11, 2013, 04:38 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

No, the 1 channel mode require advanced calibration of phase, offset and gain on the analog domain. You also need to reconstruct the data buffers differently. We are selling a 1/2 channel package where you get the calibration algorithm and the synchronous firmware (the default firmware is not synchronous in the digital domain).

I am attaching the calibration use manual for your convenience, this is a BSP you can purchase from us, you can contact sales@4dsp.com for more information.

As a side note, you can perfectly use Visual Studio 2012 Desktop Express Edition, it is free of charge, you can download that in 30 minutes. Then you can recompile the software without to wait for your professional version

Best Regards,
Arnaud

cvisser December 10, 2013, 07:18 PM (#2)

I tried using Visual Studio 2012 Desktop Express Edition and it bombs with a "The project file '' has been renamed or is no longer in the solution." message.  I've tried reloading, uninstalling/reinstalling the 4dsp s/w but to no avail.  It does work for the fmc12x project but not the FMC126_Calibration project.

Clyde R. Visser
(310) 320-3088

arnaudNL December 11, 2013, 04:50 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Clyde,

Sorry for the inconveniences, can you please try the file attached to this post.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL April 01, 2014, 08:02 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.