Topic: FMC30RF BOARD SUPPORT TCPIP INTERFACE  (Read 4163 times)

kcfarleyswmacb October 17, 2013, 12:43 PM

4DSP Support:

Is the TCP/IP and PCI Interface available for ML605/FMC30RF combination? I noticed in the reference main.cpp that there were three references available ethernet,pci, and tcp/ip. I have successfully used ethernet. What software,drivers, licenses are required to use:
TCP/IP?
PCI?

Where are the instructions to use TCP/IP and PCI ?

arnaudNL October 21, 2013, 04:50 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

That's correct the application is generic to all platforms/carriers. The thing is we don't have PCI support on all the carriers for FMC30RF. We have that for VC707 and some other 4DSP carriers. As far as TCP/IP is concerned, we have that supported on ZC702, ZC706 and Zedboard. You probably seen the reference application uses an "abstraction" layer called SIPIF. This layer provides a generic interfaces to either PCI/Mac/TCP/IP layer. You probably seen the CID module also, and usage of cid_getconstellationid() which retrieves the ID of the firmware currently loaded in the FPGA, this is how we kept everything generic in a software point of view.

The 4FM Getting Started Guide document covers TCP/IP, check chapter (Evaluating FMC AD/DA product using Xilinx Development kits). Zedboard/ZC702/ZC706 section covers TCP/IP).

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

kcfarleyswmacb October 21, 2013, 11:04 AM (#2)

Arnaud:

Thanks. So is the PCI interface for FMC30RF / ML605 not available at all or can it be purchased to use PCI interface for FMC30RF with ML605 board? If so what is the cost?

arnaudNL October 21, 2013, 11:11 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

This is not readily available but can surely be made available; we have that available for VC707. I have no idea about the costs. Contacting sales@4dsp.com would be the next step. I know that PCIe does not come free of charge for FMC customers not purchasing our own carriers.

I have to say the PCI path brings extra advantages, you will get several hundreds MB/s bandwidth reliably so this is a good path. We have a DMA engine in the FPGA and API/Driver for it. Linux, Windows and Vxworks are available; Linux/VXworks delivered with compiled source code, Windows delivered as precompiled API/Driver.

I hope that help!

Best Regards,
Arnaud