Topic: Ethernet driver instellation  (Read 5092 times)

danraf October 15, 2013, 07:05 PM

I am trying to install the 4DSP software including the ethernet 4DSP protocol. I've made sure that the protocol is marked in the installation screen but once the process is done the protocol is missing from my network card.

Is there a way to bypass the installation and install the protocol seperately?

CARD - FMC204
Eth Card - Atheros AR8161/8165 PCI_E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, service pack 1

arnaudNL October 16, 2013, 05:01 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

That is strange. You can surely install that manually, do the following:

1) Control panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings (from the left pane)

2) Right click on your peripheral (installing protocol will affect all the peripherals anyway, but better safe than sorry) and choose "properties..."

3) Press "Install...." button, choose "Protocol" and press "Add..." button

4) Press on "Have Disk..." button and browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\4dsp\FMC Board Support Package\Driver\4dspnet.inf", press "OK" and again "OK"

5) Open a command prompt with elevated administrator rights (Right click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut in the start menu) and choose "Run as administrator"

6) Type net start 4dspnet in the command prompt

you should get something like (the x86 is a typo)

Code: [Select]

C:\Windows\system32>net start 4dspnet

The 4DSP EthernetII Protocol Driver x86 service was started successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>

If for some reason you get a complain about service already started do a net stop 4dspnet and then a net start 4dspnet

I know this is many steps but this is the standard way to install a protocol driver on Windows.

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

arnaudNL April 01, 2014, 08:03 AM (#2)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.