Products > FMC176

FMC176 Corrupted Waveforms

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kyu:

Jim,

Do you have other carrier boards to try? If yes, I can provide the reference design.

Thanks
Kyu

curryj:
I have a VC707. I also have a couple of Avnet boards: Zynq 7045 Minimodule Plus and the spartan-6 LX 16 board. Both of the Avnet boards only have an LPC connector, so we would only be able to check out DAC0 if we used one of them.

Kyu:

Jim,

We have a VC707 reference design. If you purchased our FMC176, other reference designs should be also extracted. The file should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\4dsp\Common\Firmware\Recovery\348_vc707_fmc176"

Thanks,
Kyu

curryj:
Kyu,

Yes, in the latest version of the BSP, there is an extracted VC707 reference design. I have tested it and it appears to always output clean data. After roughly an hour of monitoring I have yet to observe any corrupted data. Just to be sure, I switched back to the ML605 for a bit and quickly observed corrupted data.

What could be different about the ML605 and VC707 reference designs that might cause this problem?
Thanks again for your attention!

Jim

Kyu:

Jim,

Basically they have the same design architecture. I don't see the big difference except the locations of the logic instantiations because of two different FPGA devices. I first thought it may be becuase of the Clock_dedicated_route constraint in the ML605, but this is for the DAC 1. You have an issue with DAC0 and our test does not produce the same issue. Possibly, your ML605 can cause this issue. You may want to try to clean the connector on ML605 or try with the different ML605 if possible.

Thanks,
Kyu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version