Topic: Customizing the refence design of FMC204 according to my input  (Read 8445 times)

sugandh September 10, 2013, 02:37 AM

Hello,
I want to use " FMC204 Cards " (Digital to Analog Converters) in my design based Xilinx's "KC705 kintex-7 kit" board.
I have seen the reference design provided by the 4 DSP for evaluating the card and I want to use my own inputs to the DAC instead of those provided by the design and want to merge my own design in that.
My problem is that I don’t want to use the Ethernet interface provided in the reference design to configure the DAC using commands and I don’t want to use the steller IP tool for my development. So please tell me that among the reference design components

·        Sip_router,
·[/size]        sip_cid,
·[/size]        sip_i2c_master,
·[/size]        sip_cmd_mux
·[/size]        sip_mac_engine
·[/size]        sip_fmc_ct_gen
·[/size]        sip_fmc_204
which component is of my use(I think it should be sip_fmc_ct_gen and sip_fmc_204 only) and how can I utilize them in my own design without having dependency on other components?
Initially I want to use an DDS output Sine and Cosine waves to feed as input to the FMC204 DAC card instead of the reference wave provided in reference design.Is there any document(other than pdfs provided with the design) which provides the complete design detail of the reference design provided so that after understanding that , I can change that according to my requirements?
----
Thanks
Sugandh Mishra

arnaudNL September 13, 2013, 09:32 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

You don't need to use StellarIP if you don't want. Actually you can simply generate your Xilinx ISE firmware using StellarIP and forget about StellarIP if you wish. As far as dependencies are requires, don't have inter dependencies. There are all using generic buses (wormholes).

We don't have extra documentation but you have a star documentation and star documentations, a firmware source code and a software source code. Coupled with the FMC204 user manual you have all the element to design your own firmware, many other customers succeeded doing that. Some other customers decided to contact 4DSP to provide them with a reference design more suited to their needs.

These things are generally discussed with our sales department.

I hope having informed you sufficiently

Best Regards,
Arnaud

sugandh September 13, 2013, 01:31 PM (#2)

Thanks Arnaud for your reply!

It would be really nice if you tell that from which source the digital input is being fed to the FMC204 Card (either from host PC via Ethernet or generated on board) and what is the format of that data?

If I want to use my own signal (which is 16 bit SINE and COSINE wave samples coming out of a DDS core) how would I be able to feed this signal into my DAC card(which are the places where design changes are needed)?As I want to customize this design according to my own needs..

---
Thanks &regards,
Ms. Sugandh

mahturk September 16, 2013, 04:56 AM (#3)

Hello,

i have the same problem with "sugandh".
I have my own real time signals (4 signals (16 bit each) that are sampled at 250 msps). How can i insert those signals to the refence design?

Thank you for your help.[/size][size=78%] [/size]