Topic: oddr component port type mismatch  (Read 7534 times)

jchang February 21, 2013, 01:46 PM

I get the following error when I try to compile for simulation:
ERROR:HDLCompiler:376 - "104_ml605_fmc125/output/ml605_fmc125/Src/sip_mac_engine/gmii_eth_tx_stream.vhd" Line 58: Type std_logic of component generic <init> does not match with type of entity generic.

The correct type for the oddr INIT is "bit", but the oddr component in gmii_eth_tx_stream.vhd is using std_logic.

arnaudNL March 01, 2013, 08:24 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

Sorry for answering this post late, can you let me know if this issue is fixed or not?

Our simulation testbench is using an ethernet model and not the real interface itself. Here it looks like you are trying to simulate the real ethernet interface.

Best Regards,
Arnaud

jchang March 05, 2013, 11:50 AM (#2)

Yes, I did switch over to the behavior ethernet model, but the rtl ethernet model should not have this problem either.

Also, the auto-generated ISE project file has the rtl ethernet model setup as the simulation view.  The simulation view should be setup with the behavioral ethernet model as well as the simulation testbench.

arnaudNL March 05, 2013, 12:45 PM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

The simulation environment for this design is modelsim and not ISIM, in other words, the Simulation/Implementation state in the ISE project is likely to be wrong.

Most the files in the ISE project are implementation  only.

I hope that helps,

Arnaud

jchang March 05, 2013, 01:09 PM (#4)

Sorry for answering this post late, can you let me know if this issue is fixed or not?
I've worked around the issue by deleting the unnecessary component (it already exists in the included unisim.vcomponents package, so the component declaration really is unnecessary).  A fix would require the 4FM GUI to change its outputs.

The simulation environment for this design is modelsim and not ISIM, in other words, the Simulation/Implementation state in the ISE project is likely to be wrong.

Most the files in the ISE project are implementation  only.
I do see the ModelSim do file, however ISE can also invoke ModelSim.  If 4DSP does not wish to support ISE invocation of ModelSim, I suggest setting the source properties to Implementation view only, instead of All (Implementation + Simulation) view.

I've already worked around all the roadbumps in getting everything up and running.  I opened this thread to let 4DSP know what roadbumps I encountered and so that if 4DSP is so inclined, they could fix the roadbumps so other customers would not have to hit them.

arnaudNL March 05, 2013, 01:17 PM (#5)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,

I am sure your post will help other customers as this topic is on the public area. Up to now we have used modelsim, as well as describing how to simulate the reference design and the steps been working outside of ISE, directly in modelsim. I guess you can see that in the CD document for FMC12x (The constellation description, CD104(ML605_FMC125).pdf, page 7 and above).

We are moving towards ISIM and then we have the simulation running in ISE. This is the case for quite a few firmwares but not yet FMC12x.

Best Regards,
Arnaud