Topic: VC707+FMC110 - cannot Generate .XISE file after adding new star  (Read 9551 times)

pogfanjh February 05, 2013, 09:07 PM

Hi,

We have a Xilinx VC707 with FMC110, and we are using the 4DSP reference design CD243.

Using the original reference design files, we can generate the .XISE project using the 4FM GUI Control App.

We added a new star to the top-level constellation, along with new wormholes.  We edited the vc707_fmc110.sdf to declare the new star and make the appropriate connections.

However, in the 4FM GUI Control App, when we click on "Generate," we always get the following error:
ERROR   : Could not parse '<our path>\implement\vc707_fmc110.sdf' using library '<our path>\star_lib\library.xml'

This error always comes after:
INFO    : Parsed "sip_router_s3d1.0(in2)           <= sip_router_s1d3.0(out2)"
INFO    : Parsed "sip_router_s3d1.0(in1)           <= sip_fmc110.0(adc1)"
INFO    : Parsed "sip_router_s3d1.0(in0)           <= sip_fmc110.0(adc0)"
ERROR   : Could not parse '<our path>\implement\vc707_fmc110.sdf' using library '<our path>\star_lib\library.xml'

We’ve moved around the routing for sip_router_s3d1, but this same error always occurs at this pointl; i.e., right after
INFO    : Parsed "sip_router_s3d1.0(in0)           <= sip_fmc110.0(adc0)"

When we comment out this line right before the error, we are able to get past this error, but due to missing this connection in the .SDF file, we get an error later on in the process, which is expected because we commented out this connection.

We cannot find any documentation regarding this issue.

We double-checked the library.xml and vc707_fmc110.sdf files, and they look OK, from what we can tell.

What could be the problem?  What should we double check/look at?  How do we fix this?

Thank you for your help!

• « Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:32 PM by pogfanjh »

arnaudNL February 06, 2013, 09:15 AM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,
If the files are not confidential can you post your .sdf as well as your .xml so I can have a look at it?
Best Regards,
Arnaud

pogfanjh February 06, 2013, 11:41 AM (#2)

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I can post my .SDF and .XML files for that reason.

They should be nearly identical to the corresponding files in the VC707+FMC110 design (CD243).

I did try commenting out the new star I created and its connections, but I still get the same error at the same point.

arnaudNL February 06, 2013, 12:38 PM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
Dear Sir,
There is nothing much I can do without the files. Maybe post your files on your private company area on the forum or try following the 4FM Getting Started Guide about star creation.
Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL April 10, 2014, 05:22 AM (#4)

• 4DSP Staff (EU)
  • Administrator
This topic is being closed because the issue is considered as resolved by 4DSP. Feel free to create a new topic for any further inquiries.