Topic: FMC150 and Hitech Global LPC fmc connector  (Read 6858 times)

dchiarulli June 18, 2012, 04:53 PM

I recently purchased two FMC150's and a Hitech Global HTG-V6-PCIE-XC6VSX315T-2-FFG1759.

This version of the Hitech board has one FMC HPC connector and a second FMC LPC connector. Both Hitech and 4DSP claim to be Vita 57.1  compliant, but the specs seem to indicate that pins 3-20 in the C,D,H, and G lanes are unwired on the LPC connector on the Hitech board, while the same pins connect most of the ADC A/B channel data in the 4DSP side.  I am not familiar with the specifics of the standard, but this is a big problem for me.
[/size]I am asking the same question to the Hitech folks, does anyone else have any experience with this issue?

pierrehic June 18, 2012, 05:11 PM (#1)

• 4DSP Staff (USA)
  • Administrator
Hello,

based on your description it would seem to indicate that the Hitech card is not compliant with VITA 57.1 with LPC.
However if signals on rows C, D, H and G are not connected, what is connected?

Please see attached picture for LPC connections as defined by VITA 57.1.

Thank you,
Pierrick

dchiarulli June 19, 2012, 07:26 AM (#2)

Thanks for your reply.

I have come to the same conclusion, the Hitech board does not seem to meet the spec. The active connections that are available to the FPGA start at LA_18 rather than LA_00.

This applies to the FMC "B" connector with Virtex 6 chips smaller than the LX550 and SX475.

This means that I am losing the two ADC channels on my second device. Any suggestions for a workaround are welcome. I can't think of anything other than a second FPGA board.

Don

pierrehic June 19, 2012, 10:01 AM (#3)

• 4DSP Staff (USA)
  • Administrator
Hello,

there's no easy work around.
If you use your board in a stand alone configuration then an ML605 might be a better choice as it offers two FMC sites (HPC and LPC) that both have enough connections for the FMC150.
The drawback is that it does not have any Virtex-6 SXT device.

Thanks
Pierrick