Public Access > General Discussion

Could not obtain sipcid table (error ffffffff)

<< < (2/3) > >>

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

You should first get the reference design running on your system, there are way to many things to change to document everything, this is why we have sources reference design.

I am not sure about your no documentation complaints, the 4FM Getting Started Guide clearly tells the firmware documentation is in the firmware source code package and the the reference software documentation is in doxygen in the software source code. In other words the documentation is in the BSP package..

A last thing you can try, please download WinPCAP and install/update WinPCAP on your machine. Let me know if that works (http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_1_3.exe)

I hope that helps,

Best Regards,
Arnaud

agoel:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The whole Board Support Package is huge with respect to its utilities. And it has so many entry points say C codes, dsn files, vhdl files, doxygen etc.
When I went through it for the first time say a few days ago, I dint understand where to begin from, following which I went to forum & got a start.

So  what I did is the following (Taking ref. from the documentation and the forum) (In sequence) :

0) Trying out the FMC Analyzer thing after dumping .bit file - which dint work. So discarded.
1) Loading the legacy library xml file and the dsn file for mL605_fm150 into Stellar IP.
2) Generated, without making any changes (from stellar ip tab), the .xise project, which is again a big thing to go through.
3) Started going through schematics of FMC150 (which again was posted by you somewhere), to understand the design..
4) As you suggested, I just went through the doxygen. (WinPcap, I installed earlier).

I am not able to figure out how to use the C Code. Do I need it to configure ADC wrt Sampling Rate, Output Bit width, with the procedure of which I am still not aware.

I am a newbie here. Please help me out.

Thanks a lot,

Akanksha

arnaudNL:
Dear Akanksha,

The sampling clock modification is done by modifying CDCE72010 device on the FMC150. This is what is done by the software in the Fmc15xAPP\Libs\FMC15x\Impls\fmc15x_clocktree.cpp module. If you look at the Figure 1 in the user manual, you will see that the CDCE72010 chip outputs clock to both DAC and ADC.

The CDCE chip is mapped the firmware memory space and this is how fmc15x_clocktree.cpp is directly writing into the CDCE chip. Documentation and register description of this chip is available from TI > http://www.ti.com/product/cdce72010

And the mapping of FMC150 peripheral on the firmware memory space is documented by the SD0038 (sip_fmc150).pdf part of the firmware source code.

I hope that helps,
Arnaud

arnaudNL:
Dear Akanksha,

Was the information sufficient? May I proceed with closing this topic? The topic text is "Could not obtain sipcid table" and I assume we are far from that.

Best Regards,

Arnaud

agoel:

Sir,

Yes, that was helpful. If required, I will start a new thread. U may close this one.

Thank you..

Ak

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version