Public Access > General Discussion

Could not obtain sipcid table (error ffffffff)

(1/3) > >>

alex:
The error means that there is no communication between the host PC and the ML605. It's usually a firewall issue, but please try these solutions from the FAQ.

http://www.4dsp.com/forum/index.php?action=faq#title8
* This is the most common solution: Please check with your IT department to make sure that the system does not have an additional firewall or anti-virus software besides the Windows Firewall and disable the programs if present.
* Make sure the target hardware is not connected through a network switch/router.
* Make sure that you have configured the FPGA with the right bitstream.
* The Ethernet cable used should be short (cable provided with the dev kit or a length under 6 feet/2 meter) and should connect directly between the host and the development kit.
* Ensure that the development kit jumpers or switches that define the Ethernet mode are in the default factory position: J68 has no jumper, J67 has a jumper between PIN 1 and PIN 2, J66 had a jumper between PIN 1 and PIN2.
* Make sure that the FMC is plugged on the correct FMC site in the case your development kit has several FMC sites.
* In Windows 7 the network adapter has to allow the 4DSP software to be part of the Ethernet stack. Open the "Network and Sharing Center" and click on "Change Adapter Settings" on the right. Right click on the ethernet card and select "Properties" and check that the 4DSP ethernet driver is there and checked.
If the top center LED near the Ethernet port is lit on the ML605 then the link is up at 100Mbps which means the firmware loaded fine and the Ethernet was properly reset.

Please refer to Chapter 8 ( Evaluating FMC AD/DA product using Xilinx Development kits (ML605, SP601, SP605) ) of the following document for complete setup instructions:
http://www.4dsp.com/pdf/4FM_Get_Started_Guide_WinXP.pdf

agoel:
I have tried all the solutions as you mentioned (Disabled firewall etc.).

Error says : Could (not is not there) obtain sipcid table (error ffffffff), exiting.

Please provide necessary solution.

I am trying to interface ML605 (Eval Kit) and FMC150.

Command entered by me in cmd.exe : FMC15xApp.exe 1 ML605 0 0 1...
No of Devices found : 1

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

we heard that many times but fact is that both reference firmware and software are known to be working on FMC150...

Maybe check the FAQ http://www.4dsp.com/forum/index.php?action=faq

Best Regards,
Arnaud

arnaudNL:
Dear Sir,

Have you been able to move forward?

Best Regards,
Arnaud

agoel:
Hello Sir,

It's not working even after trying out everything. So for the moment I am not working in that direction.

What I have is a ML605 Evaluation Kit on which I want to implement Digital Signal Processing Chain. It needs a discrete input generated by ADC for the purpose of which I am using FMC-150 Daughter Card.

Requirement is to configure it as per the specifications I have (Sampling Rate etc.).

I am working on the schematics of FMC-150 (All of its chips) for clarity in understanding the Reference Design and it's taking too much time. So, would it be possible for you to provide where all I need to do changes in Ref. Design to serve the purpose (Considering me as a newbie in the interfacing stuff) or any other alternative for the same.

No Reference Documentation was provided when the board was purchased. All I have is BSP Package, downloaded from your official website.

Thanks in advance,

Hoping for a positive reply.

Akanksha

PS : Kindly direct my post if I am on the wrong column.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version