CES720 – SWaP Embedded System
The CES720 (Compact Embedded System) is a standalone, small form factor embedded system designed to provide a complete and generic processing platform for data acquisition, signal processing, and communication. With Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) in mind the CES720 features a low-power x86 CPU tightly coupled to a high-performance Kintex-7 and FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC - VITA 57.1). The Kintex-7 410T FPGA provides a flexible and powerful processing backbone for interfacing to the FMC site, CPU, and DDR3 SDRAM, with plenty of room left over for high-performance Digital Signal Processing needs. The system is ideal for development and prototyping purposes, and it can serve as a customizable stand-alone lab instrument or a deployed embedded solution for applications such as UAVs. FMCs can be chosen from 4DSP's extensive portfolio or from a third-party vendor. The seemingly modest CES720 provides high-performance embedded processing and computing with flexible IO in a compact footprint for applications where Size Weight and Power are the primary concerns.
The CES720 can be ordered with Windows 7 or Debian Linux. Embedded operating system options are available. Contact email@example.com for more details.
• HDMI • USB • Gigabit Ethernet • FMC HPC site • JTAG • PCIe communication between processor and FPGA
Processor - System controller
• AMD G-Series Dual Core 1.0GHz Processor T40E • 2GB DDR3 SDRAM • 64GB SSD • Windows and Linux support
• Kintex-7 410T FFG676 • 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
• DC 16V – 30V • Optimized for battery/solar powered applications
Dimensions and Weight
• 132 x 75 x 125 mm (WxHxD) • 0.86 Kg
• Beamforming • Software Defined Radio (SDR) • RADAR/SONAR Image Processor • Satellite communication systems • RADAR & Radio Jamming • JPEG2000 Video Image Processors • Baseband Communication Transceivers • Multi-Channel digital receivers • Up to 64M-point floating-point FFT processing • Event Processor & Recorder • Direction Finding
- Board Support Package
• 4FM GUI offers multiple functions including the ability to monitor voltage and temperature; perform memory tests; measure the PCIe bandwidth; update FPGA firmware; and access StellarIP • StellarIP is available for this product. It offers a simple way to design FPGA firmware with automated code and bitstream generation • Board control and monitoring tools • Flash programming utility • Confidence tests • Host-side API • Software program example • Xilinx ISE projects • Test firmware and VHDL source code • Drivers for Windows and Linux • Download the BSP datasheet for more information